Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Week Four


 The first photo I really liked was Cailey Murry's photo posted in her "Humans of LBCC 3" blog post. It's the second image of 4 students sitting at a picnic table with some flowers on it. I really liked the angle she took the photo in and the way she framed the image. It seems very natural and all the subjects have good expressions. I do wish that the girl in the bottom left corner was a little less cropped out, though. Here is a link-- https://caileymurray.blogspot.com/2019/04/humans-of-lbcc-3.html
The second photo I chose was taken by Will and posted in his "Humans of LBCC 2" it was the image of the two people (Kylen and Alex) playing guitar. The image is very cohesive, with its colors and the yellow flower. This is a fantastic photo! Here is a link--https://willreddekopp.blogspot.com/2019/04/kylen-mckinney-left-my-name-is-kylen.html
In continuing with "A Photographers Life of Love and War" the one thing I've learned from Lynsey Addario that I think is the most important is adaptation. So often "photographers" just point and shoot. Addario fits into her situation and finds her stories by adjusting to the area. Photography is more than just having access to a camera. I tend to be shy sometimes, and it can be hard for me to approach a situation and adapt to whats going on.
My favorite part of the book so far (or at least the part that has stuck out to me the most on a personal level) would probably be in chapter 3 when she talks about her Grandmother's story about Sal and he apprehension about getting involved with a man who would "break an engagement over a gut attraction to a relative stranger..." Her grandmother mentions that she saw no future with Sal because he had no money and they separated. Fifty years later when he kissed her again she still felt that same passion. Lynsey writes, "I never wanted to regret the kisses I missed." For some reason this quote really stuck with me and I thought about it for a long tine. Especially in relation to my life and my relationship now. How I almost let an opportunity go, simply due to timing and fear. After three months of complete and utter silence I reconnected with this person who had inspired and brought light back into my life (as cliché as that sounds)...and we have been together ever since. This quote from Lynsey spoke to me personally, and looking bck on those three months I gave up...well, I never wanted to regret the kisses I missed, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment