Friday, April 19, 2019

Week Three



For my two portrait subject ideas I thought about using my two roommates. The first is Andrew Trappolis, a senior graduating from OSU here at the end of Spring term. He is majoring in media, and has been working for the Pac 12 network. I would probably shoot this portrait at Reser Stadium. Props that would work best would be simple, maybe a headset and just his usual work attire. The second person, Sivan Fox is a sophomore here at LBCC with plans to transfer to OSU next year. He is a Mechanical Engineer major, but is also quite the handy-man. We actually happened to just get a pool table, and he plans on re-felting it. I would plan to photograph this process. My best photo that I've taken for this class would probably be one of my photos I took when I had gone to photograph some of the flooding. I took a photo of a guy throwing a fish back into the water, and although the photo could have been a little clearer it's one of my favorites.

The worst photo I've posted on my blog would probably be the second image on my last post (Humans of LBCC). I really didn't like the lighting situation and the lady standing in the background takes away from the subject. I wish she was a little closer as well. Although, I did really like her expression and I really had a good time chatting with her. It was a very natural interview and felt more like a conversation. I have noticed that something I need to improve on/ get more comfortable doing is working on cropping my subjects before I shoot the image. I tend to be impatient sometimes and photography has a lot to do with the right time and moment. I really need to slow down and be more aware of my surroundings and missed opportunities. I need to pay more attention to weather the subject should be a close up focal point or if the background plays more of an important role as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment