Monday, June 3, 2019

Week Ten

I honestly don't think this is the best photo I have taken for this class, but in terms of photojournalism I think this one fits better. (The best photo I think I took was the portrait shot posted previously in "Portraits and Mugshots".) I think it best reflects what I learned because it clearly shows the event. I was able to chat with these two ladies (Mary Lou and Helen, who asked me not to include last names) and got quite a bit of information from them. I've definitely gotten better with the camera itself, utilizing ISO and F-stops and manually changing settings to better the photo depending on the subject.



Heres a copy of my original 3 goals from the start of the term.


My three goals for this course are, one, to work on my interview skills and pairing my photos with a story or topic. Two, I would love to get a better understanding of angles and viewpoints when photographing people (mostly in a candid manner and less front and center headshots.) Lastly, I would like to practice more with backgrounds. Not necessarily staging them but being more aware of the positions and of my subject contrasted against whatever is going on in the back of the photo. I want my images to not just be one subject, but also show clearly the purpose of my subject (the topic or story.) 


Unfortunately I didn't really get a chance to work on pairing my photos with a story (although I could have, I had the information) I think I did a lot of different view points and angels and practiced different techniques with my shots. The backgrounds could definitely use some work, that being said I am a lot more aware of the environment outside of my subject and know what to look for and how to work with/ work out details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment